Monday, August 20, 2007

Round and round it goes

I love yellow, it's absolutely my favorite color. So naturally, I can't help it but to admire and love almost everything and anything that's made in that color. Yesterday, it was a pair of gorgeous yellow pumps seen on a subway. They were beautiful, I was in love. But what was even better, and made it worthy enough to write about, is how they were worn - with tight black pants, and a knit plum t-shirt. Now, yes, this is an unusual color combination. But first, it's original and fresh, and thus worked very well. Second, it was pulled together by a lovely yellow silk scarf with purple flowers. I'm not a big fan of silk scarves on young girls, but looking at it in this pairing, totally makes me want to add it to my fall shopping with list.


Here's some ideas from zappos.com and nordstom.com to get you started :