Thursday, August 16, 2007

Can you handle it?

Walking into the subway yesterday bright and early in the morning, my blurry eyes couldn't help noticing a girl in a black evening dress. Of course my first thought was 'walk of shame' (nothing wrong with that, we've all been there, done that). But the dress looked cute, so I forced my eyes open to check it out. And then I saw it--it wasn't a walk shame, it was an evening dress very skillfully scaled down to daytime wear! Way to get get a lot of use out of an expensive dress! Imagine, a strapless little black dress worn over a white wife beater, a cozy grey cardigan on top and flats! And what's even more impressive? I saw at least two more girls wearing the same fashion forward style during my lunch hour.


The only question is, do I have the guts to pull this look together and wear it outside?



Imagine: this outfit with black leggings, flat boots, and maybe a tank top under the dress = day time rock star!









Also, a little side note on the previous post--make sure the suit color is appropriate! Because you won't be taken seriously showing up in dressed in baby pink. Unless you're going to a fancy charity luncheon at an expensive hotel. In which case, call me, I want to come. And I won't wear the same suit as you, I promise.

No comments: