Friday, September 4, 2009

week 1

So. I survived the first week. It wasn't too bad actually. I took 8 classes, spent the week running around trying to get supplies, started on a tremendous pile of homework that I think will only keep on growing as the semester goes on, and I keep getting more and more excited every day. I LOVE my homework! How crazy does that sound?! Have you ever heard anybody saying that? That they actually love their homework? Well, here it is, the first time ever - I love my homework, I really do. But let me explain why - I am learning about colors, how we perceive them and the meanings that colors hold for us. I am learning how to draw fashion figures, how to start mood boards and swatch collections that will later serve to inspire my designs. I am designing and drawing my own logo (awesome!), I am learning how to sew, and am analyzing designers, their lines and stores. Did I mention that this is AWESOME! And I have to say, and this will sound cheesy, but I feel like the creative side of me is starting to come out again. Playing with pencils and markers and colors for a week without sitting at a computer unless you want to will kind of do it to anyone I think, but it's pretty exciting, and I'm psyched to see it happening.

I think that's all I have to say so far. Maybe I'll post later, but for now, I think I'm going to go study!!

No comments: